Grinding your favorite coffee beans only moments before you use the powder to brew makes a world of difference to the taste of your coffee. You could compare coffee with wine in the sense that processing methods affect flavor. If you buy ground coffee from the grocery story you will have no control over the process at all. You usually end up with coffee powder that has lost most of its flavor due to the fact that the used coffee beans has been grind over 6 months ago. (it’s the reason you never see a date printed on a pack of coffee). With a “home”grinder however,..you gain the ability to grind your own beans which gives you control over when and how the beans are grind. There are two types of grinders, grinders with blades and the so-called burr grinders which are considered the best choice since they preserve the natural oils that are contained within coffee beans. Blade grinders tend to heat up more easily and destroy most of these flavor containing oils.
Below you can find an overview of the best burr coffee grinders available
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SS Rocky Coffee Grinder
This quality product from Rancilio has often been called the cadillac of coffee grinders. No matter what type of coffee ground you desire, all 55 settings deliver outstanding results each and every time. The robust design is built to last for years to come and cleaning the machine feels like a walk in the park. The only downside we could find was the somewhat poorly written manual. Don’t let that keep you from trying this excellent burr grinder though, on top of its excellent performance it does everything it does 50% quieter than most other models in this range. With this piece of outstanding machinery you just can’t go wrong.
Product details: Rating : (4.2 / 5)
- Commercial grade doser burr coffee grinder with 50mm plate grinding burrs
- Powerful 166-watt direct drive motor with remarkably quiet operation
- Doser chamber for professional style dosing of espresso into porta filter
- Tinted hopper for fresh beans with a 0.65lb capacity
- Simple variable grinder adjustment control
Last seen price : $355.00 Check current price at Amazon
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder
If you want to make the perfect cup of coffee you’ll need a precise dose of freshly ground beans. This model from Breville is equipped with Dosing IQ technology which automatically calibrates each dose every time you adjust the grind settings. This delivers a precisely measured amount of ground coffee no matter how course or fine the grind size is set to. The conical burrs are made from stainless steel and preserve way more flavor from the beans than grinders with blades do. It is also pretty quiet, so you don’t have to worry about waking everyone up in the morning while you’re preparing your cup of freshly made coffee. Overal the breville bcg800xl is a quality grinder that delivers good value for money and an excellent choice for serious coffee lovers.
Product details: Rating : (4.0 / 5)
- 25 Grind Settings for french press, drip, percolator, and espresso coffee.
- LCD Screen clearly shows grind setting, number of cups and customized grind amount.
- Dosing IQ Technology for perfect dosing
- Bean Hopper with air tight lid and locking system for easy removal storage and transfer of coffee beans.
- Accessories include two portafilter cradles, grind contanier and conical burr cleaning brush
Last seen price : $195.00 Check current price at Amazon
Capresso 565 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Capresso’s Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is designed with heavy steel conical burr grinders and all the contols you need to make a perfect grind. It is the most affordable grinder in the more high-end range. (If you are looking for a burr grinder under $100,- you can find those over here.) This stainless steel model has sixteen different grind size settings, 4 in each of the categories. coarse, regular, fine and extra fine. The built-in timer can be set from 5 to 60 seconds so it does not need attention while it’s doing it’s work. Just as with the other burr designs in this range the gears slow down to reduce heat and friction which results in the preservation of more aroma and coffee flavor.
Product details: Rating : (4.1 / 5)
- Heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing, built-in timer, easy to clean
- Bean container holds 8-1/2-ounce, ground container holds 4-ounce
- Commercial-grade conical burrs ensure maximum coffee flavor
- 100-Watt conical burr grinder with 16 grind settings
- 1-year limited warranty
Last seen price : $135.00 Check current price at Amazon